/// Film Level of competition Objective
The Tumbleweeds Little ones Movie Competition connects Utah’s K-8 learners and educators to significant movie and broadcast chances. The opposition is component of the Utah Movie Center’s (UTFC) Tumbleweeds Film Pageant in collaboration with the Utah Education and learning Network (UEN). Movies submitted to the competition must be aligned with the mission of these organizations, which is to join Utah districts, educational facilities, and greater education institutions to high quality academic means.
UTAH Movie Centre
The competitors supports the Utah Movie Center’s mission of connecting men and women, stories, and concepts by way of film, artist help, and media arts instruction.
By amplifying various views in Utah by the medium of movie, we assist established the scene for a richer understanding of our neighbors, fellow human beings, and the earth all-around us.
UTAH Instruction Community
The competition supports the Utah Instruction Network Strategic Program in the spots of broadcast and professional mastering and fulfills KUEN’s (UEN’s public television station) requirements for outreach, job chances, and mentorship.
/// Film Contest Do’s
DO follow all the procedures if you want your movie to be qualified for Tumbleweeds Kids Film Levels of competition screenings and awards.
DO pick out your personal concept! There is no established concept for the Tumbleweeds Young ones Film Levels of competition, so you are free of charge to build movies about any matter.
DO submit your film in one of two categories:
• Fiction – Fictional movies are these “created from the creativity, not offered as fact, though it may perhaps be based on a real tale or situation” (Britannica.com). All films on a fictional subject matter should really be entered into this class. Submissions to the fiction classification may be brief films or animations these as dramas, comedies, thrillers, etc.
• Nonfiction – Nonfiction movies are these that are “based on specifics, real situations, and serious men and women, these kinds of as biography or history“ (Oxford Languages). All nonfiction movies need to be entered into this group. Submissions to the nonfiction category may perhaps be documentaries, general public provider bulletins, information deals, etcetera.
DO submit as a lot of movies as you want to! Films that you have currently submitted to other festivals or contests are welcome as extended as this does not break other festival/contest procedures. Films with ‘World Premiere’ position may well be presented precedence for screening at the Tumbleweeds Movie Festival, but previously premiered movies are however qualified for awards. You should do not submit former years’ submissions to the Tumbleweeds Youngsters Film Level of competition.
DO your individual do the job. Grown ups may guide and instruct learners, but students must do all their possess writing, filming, and enhancing.
DO keep your movie to 5-minutes or much less. Films that are for a longer time than 5 minutes will not be viewed as for the Tumbleweeds Kids Movie Competitors awards.
DO post a UTFC Exhibition release kind and a UETN media release type for each individual individual concerned in your film — those who developed it and those people who seem in it. Because you are underneath the age of 18, the type must also be signed by a mum or dad or guardian. These forms are what allow for the UTFC and UEN to monitor and broadcast chosen films!
Credits & Citations
DO involve credits in your film and cite your sources.
• Credits are not included as portion of your time limit.
• Credits need to checklist the sources of all your video clip footage, visuals, songs, and sound outcomes.
• For nonfiction films, credits ought to also consist of a checklist of citations showing where you attained data and details bundled in your film.
• The Tumbleweeds Kids Film Level of competition has certain pointers you will have to follow for any borrowed media utilized in your movie. Comply with this credit rating/citation format in your credits:
• Name of the function
• Name of the owner/creator
• Site of the get the job done
• Below is an case in point of what a quotation should glimpse like:
“A Small Reggae” by Soundzabound from Soundzabound.com
Here is a further instance:
“Bluffs on north seashore, Yaquina bay” by Crawford, J. G. from New York Community Library Digital Collections
Here is a different instance:
“Happy Tune” by Your Title established in GarageBand
• The Subsequent Vista for Studying useful resource webpage has a list of recommended sites the place you can come across overtly certified media to use in your film. (https://www.nextvista.org/)
DO post your entry on time. Any movies submitted following the deadline will not be deemed for Tumbleweeds Youngsters Film Levels of competition screenings or awards.
Technical Technical specs
DO use the pursuing technical specs when you export your movie:
• Online video files ought to be High definition top quality: 1920×1080 and 29.97 (30) FPS.
• Online video data files need to be MP4 structure.
• All entries need to be shot in landscape (widescreen/horizontal). Portrait (vertical)
videos will not be recognized except if inventive or useful good reasons exist for applying this kind of footage. If the vertical footage is applied, there will have to be a history guiding the principal online video clip.
• Audio ought to be stereo blended.
• For any movies in a language other than English, subtitles are useful but not required.
DO provide the adhering to marketing materials when you submit your movie:
• 1-5 still illustrations or photos/screenshots from your movie
• A short synopsis of your movie – not to exceed 200 terms
//// Movie Contest Don’ts
DO NOT include things like any content in your film that is illegal, hazardous, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy (UEN Tips). These films will not be considered for Tumbleweeds Children Film Competitors screenings or awards.
DO NOT submit films that propagate false, misleading, or slanderous data.
DO NOT crack copyright guidelines. Any entry that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary legal rights of any get together will not be regarded for Tumbleweeds Young ones Film Levels of competition screenings or awards (UEN Recommendations).
Be certain to get right licensing and authorization for borrowed media (movie, images, audio, and seem consequences) utilized in your movie. Filmmakers ought to attain Web publication, broadcast, and general public effectiveness rights for all borrowed media.
Borrowed media used in your film ought to have just one of the next licenses:
• Any unique media created by the filmmaker is suitable.
• Any media with one particular of the subsequent Creative Commons licenses is satisfactory:
• CC BY
• CC BY-SA
• CC BY-NC
• CC BY-NC-SA
• General public Domain
• Any copyrighted media employed with permission from the copyright owner is acceptable. • • The copyright proprietor ought to entire the UEN media release form to accept their minimal launch of the media.
Any copyrighted media for which a license has been ordered is acceptable as lengthy as the license that has been acquired lets for the distribution procedures UEN will use. Proof of buy must be presented.
DO NOT involve any seen manufacturers in your film. If a brand name logo is noticeable, it have to be modified through output or blurred in write-up-production.
DO NOT submit films that have lousy audio. Movies with inaudible sounds will be disqualified.
Undertaking Status Definitions
Soon after a movie is obtained by the Tumbleweeds Young children Movie Levels of competition, it will obtain just one or far more of the adhering to position designations:
The judges are still reviewing the challenge.
The job is not selected for screening at this season’s Tumbleweeds Children Movie Opposition.
This movie will engage in at the Tumbleweeds Film Competition and may possibly be showcased through more on line and broadcast mediums.
This venture is nominated for a doable Tumbleweeds Young children Movie Level of competition award.
This project has received an award in the Tumbleweeds Little ones Film Level of competition.
Removal of Standing
The Tumbleweeds Youngsters Film Opposition reserves the proper to remove any job as Selected, Nominee, or Award Winner for any cause. This may perhaps involve not obtaining the rights to the film, unprofessionalism, or behavior that would replicate negatively on the movie levels of competition, its companions, or its contributors.
Award Announcements & Advertising
Tumbleweeds Youngsters Movie Levels of competition nominees will be announced March 15, 2023. Award winners will be introduced at an awards ceremony at the Tumbleweeds Movie Festival in Utah on Friday, April 21, 2023. Filmmakers will be notified by way of electronic mail if their film has been picked for screening at the Tumbleweeds Film Festival or has been nominated for an award.
Press releases will be despatched to community media stores concerning chosen films. A laurel, or digital badge, will be despatched to successful contacts next the awards presentation. Tumbleweeds Young children Film Level of competition winners may well refer in marketing and publicity to the reality that they are Tumbleweeds Kids Movie Opposition winners and, for one year following the award was bestowed, may possibly use a duplicate of the Tumbleweeds Little ones Movie Competitors award or the Tumbleweeds Little ones Film Level of competition emblem in this kind of marketing.
Source backlink Today we proudly announce this year’s Tumbleweeds Film Festival. Tumbleweeds is a kids’ film festival that invites the participation of filmmakers under the age of 18, who can submit their work to be shown at our unique annual event.
The Tumbleweeds Film Festival is an opportunity to showcase talent that might go unrecognized otherwise or could possibly even be the beginning of a professional career. Submissions range from creative shorts to feature-length films and documentaries, showcasing the diversity and talent of young filmmakers. Young actors and actresses can also be featured in these productions.
This year, we received several outstanding submissions from aspiring filmmakers from all around the world. Winners are chosen in several categories, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Editing, Best Music, and Special Jury Prize. This year’s top prize was awarded to an ambitious short film about the environment, directed by an 8-year-old from Australia.
The Tumbleweeds Film Festival’s mission is to promote media literacy and provide an outlet for passionate young filmmakers to express themselves. We believe that it is important for younger generations to be creative and to think outside the box in terms of storytelling. By encouraging kids to create projects of their own, we can shape the next generation of filmmakers and actors.
There is no fee associated with entering the Tumbleweeds Film Festival, so we encourage all young filmmakers to submit their work. We look forward to watching the amazing creations of our future filmmakers!