QuickBooks Error 6143 can occur at the time of backing up data. If you are also frustrated with it and want to resolve the same problem, then you have landed on the right spot.
QuickBooks Error 6143 is a company file error indicating issues in your QuickBooks company file. Now, you will not be able to work with your company files or QB at all. We have discussed the ways to fix this error later in the blog. Follow the blog till the very end, or there is a chance you will end up missing some crucial information.
Are you short on time to understand the reasons and troubleshooting steps? Then connect with us via +18557380359, and we will help you fix the error code 6143 instantly
Causes of Getting QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6143
You can get too many issues in QuickBooks. It can range from technical issues in QuickBooks to incorrect configuration by the user.
- There is damage in the company file. This damage or the corruption is leading QB to throw error message 6143.
- There are interruptions connecting with the company file. It is due to the Windows firewall or the third-party applications you have installed on the PC.
- There is an issue with the file name. Either it has extra white spaces or any special character added to the company file name.
The following blogs can help you: Best Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12031
Troubleshooting Methods to Employ for Rectifying QuickBooks Error 6143
Try any of these methods to get rid of QB error 6143.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Run The Verify And Rebuild Tool From QuickBooks
If there are data issues, they can be rectified using the steps below:
- Go to the ‘File’ tab.
- Then go to the ‘Utilities’.
- Now click ‘Verify Data’.
- Next, when it detects the issues in the QuickBooks data, then you have to fix it. To fix the issues, you have to utilize another tool from QuickBooks, i.e., the Rebuild data tool. Use the following instructions to rebuild the data:
- Go back to the ‘File’ tab.
- Then click on the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Rebuild data’ tool.
After you have done this, reboot the PC, and then you can open QuickBooks and try fetching the company file.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Repair the Company file using the Tool hub
Using the QB tool hub, you can resolve damage or corruption in the company file.
- Go to the Intuit site and download the most useful and automatic troubleshooting program, QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, when the screen prompts to save the downloaded file, choose a location that is easy to access.
- Then, head to installation by opening the program file and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the program.
- Double-click QuickBooks Tool Hub to launch it.
- As the program window opens, click on the company file issues tab.
- Next, Click on ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.’
- Select the company file that is to be repaired.
- Now, feed the credentials relevant to the company file.
Allow it to run, and then go back to QuickBooks and work as required.