July 24, 2024

Clarification Regarding Hospitalisation Of JNV Wayanad Students

3 min read

[ad_1]

It is described that the hospitalisation of college students is suspected to be due to a waterborne an infection through Norovirus – a widespread contagious virus, producing abdomen upset of college students

There have been reports in media about hospitalisation of learners of JNV (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya) Wayanad. Navodaya Vidyalaya Sangathan has taken immediate cognisance of the latest incident of learners slipping unwell in JNV, Wayanad and executed an inquiry as a result of NVS Regional workplace, Hyderabad.

As for every the inquiry, it is claimed that the hospitalisation of students on 29 and 30 January 2023, is suspected to be because of to a waterborne infection as a result of Norovirus – a popular contagious virus, resulting in tummy upset of pupils. These pupils who claimed signs of soreness were immediately shifted to the district hospital and all of them were discharged after getting normal inside one working day. The samples have been taken by the Well being Office for further tests and the reviews are awaited.

All the college students are nutritious and usual now. On receipt of report from the Health Division, further more actions in addition to the current pointers on ensuring risk-free drinking h2o will be applied shortly.

Guidance have by now been placed with regard to h2o screening by public well being official quarterly and cleansing of water storage tanks in all JNVs. 

All the JNVs are pursuing the instructions in this regard. Furthermore, all JNVs have been directed to have out further water screening travel in their premises and acquire action on the basis of the check report appropriately.

(PIB)

[ad_2]

Resource connection The recent news about the hospitalized students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Wayanad district has been a cause of great concern among not only the parents but also the well-wishers. As per media reports, 18 students were reportedly hospitalized due to suspected food poisoning after eating chapati and curd rice.

We, the District Collector’s office of Wayanad, clarify that the said students were rushed to the Wayanad District Hospital only after the necessary medical protocol was adopted and this was done purely as a precautionary measure. It is not a real food poisoning case, nor was there any threat to the health of the students. It was a case of stomach upset, without any complications.

The students were provided with proper medical care and necessary treatments, and after careful analysis and observation, all 18 students were discharged from the hospital on the same day, afternoon. The District Collector and the Health Department have closely monitored the situation and have assured that the students are given necessary medical care and attention.

These minor incidents are common among children and the District Collector’s office, in close coordination with the Health department and the school authorities, have adequately taken the required measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students.

We extend our sincere gratitude to all the parents and well-wishers for their concern and support, and assure them that we will strive to ensure the safety and well-being of all the students of our district.